Do you love the rush, and thrill of roll-coasters? have you ever thought for a moment, “Wait what if something goes wrong?” I’ve had that feeling the first time I rode on a roller-coaster, but as I rode more and more roller-coasters, the fears subsided. Until yesterday night while browsing youtube I saw this video called “10 Deadly Roller Coaster Accidents” – by ModernWhiz.com
As I watched the video my fears slowly crept up my spine. I Was now questioning every roller-coaster I’ve ever rode. Constantly “asking and replaying” what-if scenarios in my mind. Rollers-coaster are the steeple of any amusement parks, synonymous with the Disney amusement parks, but now I think of them as death traps.
Here are my top 5 deadly roller coaster accidents from the video!!
- Wildcat Roller Coaster, USA – Bells Amusement Park
- Deaths: 1 – Injuries: 6
Cause of accident: Ride malfunction
- Willard’s Whizzer, USA – Six Flags Great America
- Deaths: 1 – Injuries: Unknown(many) Ride had previous problems with the braking system.
- The Big Dipper, Nebraska – Krug Park
- Deaths: 4 – Injuries: 20.
- Mindbender, Canada – Fantasyland
- Deaths: 3 – Injuries: 15.
- Space Journey, China – Overseas Chinese Town East Theme Park
- Deaths: 6 – Injuries: Many.
With the increasing technology, amusement parks are now pushing the limits of these rides, to further heights(not as in altitude). New rides are reported to Generate G-Forces up 5gs, thats 5 times your normal weight! and some of these rides are reach higher speeds than 100MPH! As these rides Tend to get more and more crazy-ier, will the safety be up to par with the speed limits and g-force?? If you ask me this top 10 list will need re-ordering within the next decade or so! Eh. I’m just causing fear mongering now, Most of these roller-coasters are safe to ride, especially with the increase of the technology in recent years! 🙂
Do you have a fear of roller coasters? Comment, below or email me!